With thorough research and the help of Google Slides, groups worked collaboratively to come up with some pretty convincing pitches! Each group had been assigned a proposal topic, which ranged from a wastewater treatment plant to a car factory to an amusement park. Things they'd considered:
- financial input and possible organizations to support funding (aligned to company's goals)
- ecological impact of the development of land including local species, water quality, and existing air pollution concerns
- human impact on quality of life, job market and unemployment rate, quality of life, health and well-bing and housing concerns
- layout / spacial plan for the development of their proposal
- energy requirements for the development of their proposal
- economical benefits, including food crisis for both residents and livestock
Thanks, Mrs. Jaffe, for engaging your students in a real-world, problem-solving activity. They obviously appreciated the authenticity of this task and it's open-ended design allowed students to be creative!